Executive and Professional Coaching
I partner with clients to create successful outcomes, to develop action plans, and to achieve desired goals. My executive clients have a desire to accelerate results, to seek clarity when making crucial decisions, and to increase productivity. Using proven coaching techniques my clients can:
- Create actionable plans to reach their goals.
- Generate learning and clarity for action.
- Gain fresh perspectives.
- Implement new skills and speed learning.
- Maximize personal and professional potential.
Coaching clients during career transitions is another service I offer. Whether just starting out, changing or transitioning to new opportunities, I successfully coach clients to:
- Develop successful career transition strategies and plans.
- Assess individual strengths and competencies to maximize earning potential and career satisfaction.
- Review and revise resumes that best position their capabilities.
- Prepare for interviews so they are confident and can effectively communicate their knowledge, skills and abilities.
Gallup Strengths Finder 2.0 Coaching
As a trained Gallup Strengths Coach, I team with clients to identify their strengths so they can maximize professional satisfaction and productivity in the work place. The process starts with taking the Strengths Finder 2.0 Assessment. This assessment is based on over 40 years of research and over 16 million have taken it. Once you identify your strengths, your possibilities are almost endless in the ways you can use them to be more effective and productive. Knowing your strengths enables you to leverage your career opportunities and gain greater satisfaction in the areas of your life.
Higher Education & Nonprofit Organizations
Working in academe can be one of the most rewarding experiences in one’s career. I partner with faculty, staff and administrators to focus on how they can achieve their desired outcomes, experience intellectual growth, and create new learning for themselves and others. Faculty roles may be dynamic; therefore, acquiring new skills is often required. I partner with my higher education clients to develop strategies and to build skills so they can excel with their new opportunities.
I coach nonprofit organizational leaders and their teams to assist them to achieve their goals. Visioning, program growth strategies, and problem solving are typical organizational concerns for which I have coached clients. Allow JTH Coaching to propel your organization to new heights and greater service to others.
Consider JTH Coaching your trusted advisor as you embark on your next step of your career. At the strategic level, I work with veterans as they develop plans to chart their course for their next career objective. As you leave the military and enter the private sector you may look at your career transition in phases. JTH Coaching can be with you as you progress in the following four phases of your transition.
Phase I: Entry into the Civilian Sector
JTH Coaching can assist you to land your first civilian opportunity by offering:
- Comprehensive career transition strategy development.
- Identify career resources.
- Skills and competency assessment.
- Targeted resume creation.
- Mock interview sessions.
Phase II: Learning Your New Environment
JTH Coaching offers coaching services during this phase of your career to:
- Assist with learning new organizational norms.
- Identify and avoid political pitfalls.
- Learn how to build effective working relationships.
- Network within your organization.
- Create a solid working relationship with your manager.
Phase III: Moving Into Management
JTH Coaching can assist you as you move into management by:
- Conducting managerial skills assessment.
- Identifying your skills using Gallup’s Strengths Finder 2.0 Assessment.
- Enhancing decision-making processes.
- Creating a managerial development plan.
- Leveraging military leadership into managerial success.
Phase IV: Director, VP and Executive Level
JTH Coaching partners with executives and creates custom coaching packages to ensure the continued success of their organizations. Please contact Dr. Howard for an initial in-depth coaching session to determine the most appropriate plan of action.