My profession and passion is to facilitate the success of others and is the driving force behind JTH Coaching. I have coaching expertise in the areas of professional and career development for individuals and teams. I have published peer review articles and have delivered numerous presentations at local, regional and professional conferences in the areas of coaching, training and mentoring.
My background includes extensive coaching experience in the pharmaceutical, financial services, higher education and consulting industries. Additionally, I have served on active duty in the military and worked in federal service. During my 20 plus years in these industries, I have sharpened my coaching skills and developed professional expertise in the areas of leadership development, career transition, and managerial skills enhancement.
I partner with executives to create their desired future state for themselves and their organizations. I team with executives to identify their strengths, to close competency gaps, and to assist in the creation of their executive development plan.
During my tenure in higher education, I served in a presidential cabinet-level position. In this role, I coached faculty and staff in the areas of managerial skills development, navigating the political landscape, and professional career advancement. My teaching experience includes over 15 years at the undergraduate and graduate level as an adjunct assistant professor.
For every coaching engagement, I bring the skills to quickly build trust, rapport and confidence with clients. I am adept at building coaching relationships that solve my client’s complex problems and grow their business enterprise. I utilize effective coaching skills to improve individual and group performance.
- Ph.D., Syracuse University
- M.S., University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- University of Texas at Dallas, currently enrolled in the Executive and Professional Coaching Certificate Program
- Gallup’s Successful Strengths Coaching Program, Washington, DC, 2017
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Certification, Myers & Briggs Foundation, Fairfax, VA, May, 2015, Certification ID# MBTI-2015-T310404
- Strategic Thinking/Staff Ride Seminar presented by The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2012
- Management Development Program, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Boston, MA, 2005
- US ICE Director’s Award for Innovative Efforts, October 2014
- Syracuse University African American Fellowship, 1999
- Corporate Access Partnership Program Fellowship, 1996, 1998